Wednesday 13 June 2012

Watch List:The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl Season 2

It's baaack. My favourite web series The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl is back for a second season and I'm beyond excited to see how it develops. I think Issa Rae is a genius. This show is freaking hilarious, I love the characters and anybody whose awkward and a bit odd can relate to it. If there was any justice this show would have long found a tv network but I understand that Issa doesn't want to compromise on her artistic integrity to please a mainstream audience. Surely, there's a network out there that's willing to give her a bigger platform, like Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock? It's great to see a multi dimensional black female character that isn't a stereotype. It's a brilliant show and Issa is one of my female crushes. I just want longer episodes! Season 2 starts Thursday 14th June.

Update:So I've found out that the awesome Pharrell Williams will now be airing ABG on his new YouTube channel i am Other. I saw him featured in the promo ad and thought there may be a bigger connection. As if I didn't love Pharrell enough already, this makes me love him even more. i am OTHER is a channel and cultural movement dedicated to thinkers,innovators and outcasts.

www.awkwardblackgirl.com
www.youtube.com/iamOTHER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...