Friday 8 July 2011

Audition







Audition is a film by fantastic cult director Takashi Miike. It stars Ryo Ishibashi and Eihi Shinna. A widower agrees to a friend's suggestion of screening girls at a unique audition to find a new wife. He finally finds the one he wants, dazzled by her beauty and seemingly sweet manner they start a relationship.But he soon discovers she's not who she appears to be. Dark, bizzarre and viciously cruel, it turns the whole asian women are meek stereotype on it's head and I love that. Sublimely weird, twisted film full of unforgettable wtf moments. Quintessential Takashi Miike.








2 comments:

  1. I remember watching this movie a couple of years ago not wanting to believe what was happening. I do love that it turns the submissive asian woman stereotype on its head.

    Scariest part of the movie: The girl is sitting with her head hanging low in an empty room next to a phone and a burlap sack suddenly rolls across the room. I almost jumped out of my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Udara,
    tell me about it,the burlap sack moment scared the hell out of me,I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I love the way it was introduced into that scene,you take a knowing gulp and say is that what I think it is? Yup it is. Brrrilliant. Yeah, excellent quashing of the submissive asian woman stereotype.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...